For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
AKC creates a program for mixed breeds
  • tobyshibatobyshiba
    Toby is AKC registered, so I always get these monthly things from the AKC ... anyways, I got this in my email:

Mixed Breeds Welcome!
    AKC's new program for mixed-breed dogs, AKC Canine Partners, is now open for business. If you have a mixed-breed dog you'd like to enroll in this program—giving him the chance to compete in stand-alone obedience, rally, and agility events—go to akccaninepartners.org! In addition to event eligibility, owners enrolling in AKC Canine Partners will receive lifetime enrollment in the AKC CAR Lost and Found recovery service, a one-year subscription to AKC FAMILY DOG, an AKC Canine Partners decal and a frameable certificate of recognition! Go to akccaninepartners.org to sign up today!

http://www.akc.org/mixedbreeds/

Interesting or no?
    Post edited by Calia at 2012-10-13 09:12:05
  • that seems pretty cool. there's nothing wrong with mutts, and they should be allowed to do all those events.
  • ljowen123ljowen123
    It is one way that the AKC is trying to reach out to a section of pet owners that have been snubbed by the AKC for years.
    LJ - owned by Queen Jazz, a Shiba Inu, Atlanta, GA
    CSC_0144
  • amesylphamesylph
    I'll have to check that out. Always looking for new things to do with Ki since a 50lb sortashiba isn't exactly standard for breed-related groups and activities. :)
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    I bumped into a mixed breed club after Flyball practice last Sunday. They were waiting for us to finish so they could begin their practice. I asked them a few questions, they said they are following most of the AKC guidelines and they practice for Obedience, Rally and Agility. The dogs all enjoy these activities and it was nice to see so many happy canines and handlers.
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)