For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
What do you feed when your dog wont eat anything?
  • TacyeTacye
    I’ve posted I n the past about my picky dog Kiyoko. We’ve done pretty well on royal canin but now she has decided she doesn’t want it. I was feeding her boiled chicken and white rice (she had been dry heaving so I thought maybe she had tummy problems). She happily ate that for a few days and then she was bored of it. I’ve tried every dog food known to man. I even tried the fresh pet stuff and h doesn’t like it. She likes cheese. Lol that’s the only thing she will gladly eat. Obviously I don’t feed it to her regularly; just a small piece as a treat when I run out of real dog treats.

Please forgive me for asking; I’ve looked on the forum but a link would be so helpful. Does anyone actually have a menu or list of “human food” recipes that they feed their dogs? Human food seems to be the only thing this dog wants. She thinks she’s human and she wants to eat what we’re eating. The dog is just too darn smart. I’m at my wits end.
  • sunyatasunyata
    Luckily, I have Shiba that are not very picky. But here are some threads with good resources:

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/8656/home-cooked-food-for-the-nutritionally-stupid/p1

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/12572/home-made-dog-food-im-starting-to-do-this-worried-about-nutrients-/p1

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/1844/home-made-diets-for-dogs/p1

Hope something in one of these threads helps. :)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • I just found this new food, its called The Farmer's Dog and my boys LOVE it. They dont have a fish option but they have beef, pork, and turkey. It's fresh made food and it actually looks pretty good! One of my boys was gaining a lot of weight on kibble and I wanted to check out other options, both of their coats are softer and they seem to have more energy! Plus my chunky boy seems to be getting back to his normal weight :) It's a little pricey but they're willing to work with you if you try it and like it. I found a 50% off your first order code online too!
  • SethSeth
    I have the cure for the picky shiba! You can use whatever kibble you like, me personally I feed my 5 year old wellness core healthy weight, and my 7 month old eats Merrick Real Texas Style Beef and Sweat Potato. Again you can use whatever kibble you like, but go to your local pet store and find the frozen food section. You should be able to find Grain-Free Real Beef Recipe Frozen Raw Bites (for small breed) by Instinct. The trick is to take a quarter to a half cup of the frozen bites, let them thaw out for about 10 mins at which point the bites should be squishy enough that you mash them together with your dogs kibble. It works wonders! I got the idea from my shibas loving to eat ice and ice cream. The natural beef smell couples with the cold sensation makes them eat the whole bowl! Just make sure to take the extra calories from the frozen bites into account and use slightly less kibble as to not overfeed your shiba and make him fat. Lol. Check out my 7 month old. Here is a pic of when he was 9 weeks and him now.

20181006_094019

20190312_112323

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)