For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Daily panic attacks - advice appreciated
  • MayamaMayama
  • sunyatasunyata
  • If it makes you feel better, I've had a similar issue with my boy. Once while he was being walked by my husband, who was checking to cross a street, a very rude and inconsiderate woman came up behind Senketsu and grabbed him thinking she was petting him. He was (understandably) terrified. Right afterwards, when he saw people approaching him directly, he wanted to bolt the other way. It was horrible for the first couple weeks (thrashing, running, snapping), but it has subsided over time at least somewhat with continued exposure, when he realized not everyone wants to pet him (a good thing in his mind), or are very gentle with him. Treats help as well!

It may be something that passes over time with positive reinforcement during the nighttime. Before she starts to panic, maybe give her something really good that will last a while, like a food toy. I am assuming fireworks are done with for the season, so maybe she will start to realize nighttimes are quiet again and also special because she gets something nice!
    Post edited by callofspacey at 2018-07-27 18:47:17
  • MayamaMayama
  • sunyatasunyata
  • @sunyata - How do you generally administer CBD oil with your pups? This is something that has interested me for quite a while; I keep seeing it mentioned throughout the site. I've heard it's great for anxious dogs.
  • sunyatasunyata
  • @sunyata, good to know! Something I will keep in mind for Senketsu for the future :)
  • MayamaMayama

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)