For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Possible Food Allergy
  • Robin21618Robin21618
    Hi everyone!

I’m hoping you’ll have some advice for me. I found a thread from 2011 that was very informative but wanted to see if there were any more recent food brands.

So, Robin is 5 months and has been eating Royal Canin Puppy kibble since I got her in May. However, I’ve noticed she has frequent bouts of diarrhea. At least a few times a week now. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience with their puppy, and might have found a different brand of food to feed them?

Any advice is welcome!
    Thanks fellow Shiba lovers!
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    Hi! Do you know the main protein of the food your puppy eats? Maybe you could try a food with a different protein source, like fish. Or a grain free kibble if the one your using has grains or soy.

I feed raw, but when we travel (which we are doing currently), I feed some kibble. I use acana. My pup, Ozzy, is really prone to soft poops hahah. I don’t know that it’s brought on by a food sensitivity or what, but I tried a lot of kibble varieties before sticking with acana. He does great on raw, though. I also regularly add pumpkin and a probiotic to his diet, and that has pretty much solved his issue entirely.

If you do switch kibbles, keep in mind to do it gradually since a sudden change can definitely cause some digestive upset haha.