For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
CCL/ ACLcomplete Tear & TPLO Surgery
  • LeaLibLeaLib
    My approx 7 year old Shiba completely tore her CCL/ ACL. Her surgeon wants to do a TPLO surgery, he does about 1/day and has done multiple Shibas. Has anyone else’s pup had this surgery done? How was your outcome? What should we worry about? How was recovery? How did you handle restricted activity (she hates crates)?

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread due to duplicate topic - OP needs to provide an introduction]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2018-04-18 11:42:37
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    Sad news! I don’t have any experience with this, hopefully some others will chime in. Just wanted to send well wishes and hope you’ll keep us updated!

When Ozzy had his neuter, he slept in his ex pen rather than a crate so he had more room to move around, especially since he had to wear a cone. Maybe she would be more comfortable in a separate room or an area fenced off by using an ex pen or baby gates or something? I suppose it depends on your household and what your shiba is comfortable with.
  • LeaLibLeaLib
    Thanks for the kind words. I like the idea of an ex-pen. She currently had free range of the House and does not do well with crates, so we were thinking that a pen would be a good compromise.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @LeaLib - We require that all new members introduce themselves to the community before being given full access to the forum and asking questions. Since this is not an introduction, I changed the category and am closing the thread (this is a duplicate topic, and in fact, there is an entire category dedicated to this).

Please start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about you, about your Shiba, and what got you interested in the breed.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)