For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Supplementation with RAW
  • mcarvsmcarvs
    Hi Everyone,

I know this topic has been discussed on this forums few times and I have read the the threads but was looking to all of you for your expert opinions on what I could potentially add to Bodhi's RAW diet.

Bodhi is currently on a RAW dinner that includes apples, flax seed, pumpkin, blueberries, cranberries, and kale and he cycles 7 types of protein (Lamb, Duck, Salmon, Beef, Boar, Chicken, & Turkey). As of right now, I only add Fish Oil to his servings and the odd time coconut oil. I do not want to over supplement and risk vitamin toxicity but was looking to add something like Solid Gold's Sea Meal or Lifeline Organic Ocean Kelp. I am just looking for an overall health supplement for his skin and coat, digestive, and immune system. It would also help if the supplement could remove the build up of plaque and tartar since regular brushing isn't removing some thing staining he has on his teeth. Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for all your assistance.
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    I only add fish / krill oil and a probiotic with turmeric. I’ve considered trying out alfalfa powder, but Ozzy’s diet has really been fine tuned and is going great for him now, so I don’t wanna change up too much unnecessarily.

As far as teeth goes, I use one part Aloe Vera juice and one part hydrogen peroxide on gauze or a cotton swab. It softens any plaque so it can easily be wiped or gently scraped off.