For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Puppy Focus // Canine Good Citizen?
  • wishlingwishling
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here has gotten their Canine Good Citizen certification?
    If so, how old was your shiba when he or she passed the tests?

Additional context:
    Kubo has been to puppy kindergarten and is in intermediate obedience now. I have a ton of fun working with him, and I hope he has a good time too :)

My end goal is to see if he'll like lure coursing, agility, or something else (open to suggestions!). Around here, he needs to prove he's reliable with basic commands before they'll let him in those classes though, and that proof is generally CGC, unless the instructor makes an exception.

At 5 months old, Kubo knows all of the basic commands at home but doesn't listen at all when there's any distraction, even for his favorite jackpot treats. All of that is fine with me since I want him to be free to be a puppy, but I'd love to know from your experiences when I can start to expect more focus, assuming the treat/reward is worth his shiba highness's attention.

Thank you!