For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Just moved
  • Just moved from my parents house into an apartment. I have a 2 year old shiba her name is Maddie. She has been very anxious, not eating much at all. Will eat treats though. I am nervous because I have to go back to work on Tuesday. She isn’t even interested in playing with her toys. Any ideas?

I read it can take up to 6 weeks for a dog to adjust to their new home. I live about an hour away from my parents now. Was thinking of taking her back Saturday to see them and back to apartment but didn’t know if that wouldn’t be good.
  • JackStateJackState
    That's just to be expected. That may be all there is to it. I say may because my wife and I are starting to think our new rescue needs open floor plans to feel confident--he's nervous when there's not a lot of room to maneuver.

Anyway, if she likes car rides and going to visit places it probably would be a good idea to go home for a day.
  • Thanks! Thinking I’ll take her back for the day Saturday and hope that helps a little.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions