For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Is my shiba mixed?
  • My shiba is about 6 months old... When I took him to our vet she said she had never seen a black and brown shiba and she would have to Google it lol. Could my shiba be mixed?
    * I have no idea how to upload a picture *
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    Well, Black and Tan is one of the standard colors for a shiba lol. Which is easy enough to google. :)) There are also plenty of badly bred Shibas (which is super sad :( ) that are 100% shiba but are lacking in a lot of the qualities that make a shiba a shiba. Sure it’s possible that your shiba is mixed, and we have no idea what it looks like or if you supported a responsible breeder or rescued or bought from a pet store or what hahah. But I’m sure if you went to a responsible breeder, you would have researched enough to know the standard shiba colors lol. It’s also possible that it’s not well bred but still completely a shiba, or that your vet just isn’t very familiar with Shibas.

Also you’re required to make an introduction thread as your first contribution to the forum, so this will likely be closed...

Here’s a thread about posting pics: http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/4907/x#Item_10
    Post edited by Lilikoi at 2017-11-23 17:26:11
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions