For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shibas with Epilepsy
  • I am interested in hearing from other owners who have a Shiba with seizures. Our 8 month old, Duffy, had a seizure this morning. Our first Shiba lived for 13 years and never had a problem until he had a rare cancer that eventually took his life. As I was researching, I found several articles that said that Shibas are prone to seizures. Will this be fatal? We are willing to do whatever it takes to keep our beloved boy happy and healthy. All blood work was normal after the seizure, and our vet suspects epilepsy.

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread due to duplicate topic]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2017-11-06 12:52:20
  • sunyatasunyata
    @Dmark8118 - If you search the forum, you will find a lot of information regarding Shibas and seizures. There is a link at the top of every page that teaches you how to use Google to search the forum. But you can start with this thread:

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/300/seizures/p1

There are more, so please search and read through them. There is a ton of great information, things to look for, questions to ask your vet, etc. Feel free to start a "Life Story" thread for your pup if you wanted a thread dedicated to him.

Since this is a duplicate topic, I am going to go ahead a close this thread.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions