For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Puppy With Giardia :(
  • dogeharudogeharu
    Hello,

So last night I noticed Haru pooped green loose stools, and this morning when she woke up she vomited a small puddle of light brown liquid. I took her to the vet immediately and they diagnosed her with Giardia. I'm not sure exactly how she contracted it. I live in an apartment complex with many other dogs and they all use the same grass, but also the breeder did not deworm her. I only take her outside to do her business. The vet gave her medicine for the next 10 days so hopefully it gets better..

I'm thinking about letting her use a puppy pad to pee/poo, but the issue is that she refuses to go inside because for the past week I've managed to almost fully house-train her by taking her out every couple hours. I've also heard that using puppy pads is frowned upon because it will make the puppy think it is okay to relieve themselves indoors. Any advice on what to do about her potty training?
    Post edited by dogeharu at 2017-11-02 02:46:03
  • spacedogsspacedogs
    Do you have a balcony? If so you could try putting the pad or fake grass out there and see if she'll use it.
  • dogeharudogeharu
    Yes, I have a patio. Thanks for the suggestion
  • sunyatasunyata
    @dogeharu - There are many threads on potty training, both indoor and outside. Please remember to search the forum before starting a new thread. Chances are, your question has been asked and answered already.

Since this is a duplicate topic, I am going to close this thread. Feel free to continue the conversation in the most relevant existing thread if needed. Thanks.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)