For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Sleeping schedule completely changed?
  • So my Nugget is 4 months old, almost 5 months, and she’s suddenly deciding she’s going to wake up at 6-6:30 every morning. She used to go to sleep at 10pm and wake up around 7-7:30 sometimes even 8. I even tried putting her to bed at 11 last night, and she’s up at the same time again. I never used to have a problem with this at all, she was almost always perfect through the night except for when she first came home and had to pee around 2-3am for a few nights in a row. But that hasn’t happened in a long while. I’m not sure what to do because I’ve tried putting her to bed later, and it doesn’t change anything. She goes out right before bed too, and doesn’t act like she has to go when she wakes up, she just wants to play/she’s tired of being in the crate

[mod edit: changed category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2017-10-23 11:55:51
  • JWTShibaJWTShiba
    Has her feeding schedule/food changed? More exercise/play before she sleeps might help. When Sakura was younger, she would wake up at 5am sharp every morning but I was able to slowly push that to 7:30am by playing fetch or tug of war with her before she goes to sleep (if I am lucky I can trigger the Shiba 500). If she plays with other dogs, I would have to wake her up.
  • Her feeding schedule is the same, and if anything she’s been playing more. Other than her nightly walk, unfortunately she can’t spend as long of a time outside at night as she does in the day because the mosquitos swarm here at night, and for some reason really love my blood(plus I’m alergic to them). So she plays and runs around the house every night, and usually does trigger the shiba 500.
  • JWTShibaJWTShiba
    Have you tried puzzles and other mentally engaging activities? Training for about 30 minutes is a great way to exhaust Sakura.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @Kayschaefer99 - Sounds like she needs more exercise and mental stimulation. Hopefully you can find a way to give her a longer walk in the evening and a way to tire her out mentally before bed.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • We played a lot more before bed last night and she ran around a lot outside and woke up around 7 today, so that must have helped. She takes a lot of naps during the day too, could that be another reason she doesn’t sleep overnight much?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)