For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Potty training setback after being spayed
  • I am wondering if anyone has experienced a potty training set back after a spay procedure? Jazzi is just over 6 months old and we had her spayed 2 weeks ago. All went well with the procedure/healing..except, 2 weeks later it seems like she has forgotten her potty training. She was doing so well. She wasn't perfect, but her incidents were getting fewer and fewer and the length between them longer and longer. I would take her out every 2-3 hours and she seemed to be doing well. Now, when I take her out for a walk, she will tinkle a million times along the way (which is normal for her), poop, and come back in and pee on the wee wee pad 10 minutes later. 10 minutes later, I see her going again. Then she moves to the carpet..2 more incidents on the carpet 10 minutes apart. So in the past hour and a half, she has peed about 5 times. And this behaviour has been the last 2 days. I am wondering if this is actually a potty training set back or possible UTI?

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread due to duplicate topic]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2017-09-13 12:14:49
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    Def could be a UTI. I'd check with the vet. If that's been ruled out, she may just need to go back a step as if she was being potty trained for the first time. She's still a young pup, maybe she needs a little more time and practice. I'm not a fan of potty pads, I think they can be confusing and are adding an unnecessary step. But that's just my preference.
    Post edited by Lilikoi at 2017-09-13 02:50:33
  • sunyatasunyata
    @Jazzismom75 - There are several threads on this exact topic. Please remember to search the forum for answers to your questions before starting a new thread. Chances are, someone has already answered it for you! :)

PS - Definitely take your pup to the vet to rule out medical reasons before going back to potty training 101.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)