For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
6 year old shiba inu needs a new home
  • lilyreedslilyreeds
    I have had my female shiba, Lily since she was 10 weeks old. I recently moved to California and for several reasons, I am looking for a new home for her. She is loyal, loving, such a sweetheart with humans, and has all the amazing quirks we love about shibas. I got her from a breeder in New Jersey. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.

[mod edit: changed category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2017-04-06 11:47:22
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    I think there is a shiba rescue in Southern California if you need additional resources / options.
  • lilyreedslilyreeds
    Thank you
  • sunyatasunyata
    @lilyreeds - Yes, please surrender your dog to a breed specific rescue if you are unwilling to work with her on her escape issues (unless of course, she came from a reputable breeder, then you will need to contact the breeder and probably return her). Because of this, she needs to go to a VERY Shiba savvy home and will probably need some behaviour modification, which a rescue will be able to help with.

Very sad that she is going to have to be re-homed after six years with you. :(
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • Mochi920Mochi920
    The best thing you can do is surrender her to a rescue rather than rehoming her (unless the new owners are knowledgeable about the breed) since she is six years old and will need all the patience and attention to condition her to new living arrangements.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)