For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Free Books recommendations?
  • AnjyilAnjyil
    Okay, so I think I have found a great list of pay-for books, but I need some free stuff to fill in the time between paydays XD It is harder to find good free books (IE kindle) So I am looking to compile a list of recommendations to balance the pay-for book recommendations ^_^ I am sure lots of other people would benefit, too! Behavioral, training, feel-good stories, whatever. If I find any, I will add, too (I am still delving into the world of dog hehe)
  • BiohazardiaBiohazardia
    I would love a thread on free books too! The only ones I know of are the classic Ian Dunbar Before You Get Your Puppy and After You Get Your Puppy series. I don't remember where I found em online but you should be able to download them with a quick Google search. If not feel free to PM me your email and I can send them to you.
  • AnjyilAnjyil
    All the Ian Dunbar books I see you have to pay for. Unless you are referring to really old editions, which I haven't seen yet. I am talking about legitimately free books that are legal to download ^_^ There are a myriad of them, but it is hard to figure out which are worthwhile because the reviews of them are so low or sporadic.
  • BruceBruce
    The Dr Dunbar books can be found here:

http://www.dogstardaily.com/files/BEFORE You Get Your Puppy.pdf

https://www.dogstardaily.com/files/downloads/AFTER_You_Get_Your_Puppy.pdf

They're both free but you may need to register with Dog Star Daily to gain access. They're also a bit out of date but still a good resource.
  • AnjyilAnjyil
    Thanks, Bruce!! I see those same books on amazon, but never free on kindle. A pity they don't have a free version there. I will check them out :)
  • tstilwelltstilwell
    Before I knew I could find Dr. Dunbar's stuff online, I ended up purchasing his book from Amazon. It's been a great read so far. I highly recommend reinforcing the material too at dogstardaily.com. The first "season" of his podcasts basically reiterates what is covered in the book and he has a ton of topics to shift through. Some of them can be a bit boring but it's great information.
    Post edited by tstilwell at 2017-03-16 14:48:02
  • AnjyilAnjyil
    I am going to look into it now. When I saw the title "before you get your puppy" I felt like it wouldn't be of any use to me because I already have it so I can't really go backwards. But I am going to check it out now ^_^

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)