For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Teeth chattering during play
  • spacedogsspacedogs
    So Laika does this thing where she chatters her teeth, but only sometimes, and only with one toy in particular (the KONG Squeezz Crackle Bone - some silly thing we bought because the package had a Shiba on it lol).

Anyway, here's a video of the behavior in question.

Anyone else have their Shiba do this?

• Mochi920Mochi920
    She is so cute! That teeth chatter haha

Mine used to do that but very rarely. It's when she can't get something she wants (such as my hand or toy) or when she tries to reach for it. She like does that teeth chatter and jumps up afterwards. It's not something she does all the time but she does it once in a while....come to think of it, I only remember her doing that teeth chatter three times.
  • AnjyilAnjyil
    I second Mochi! I saw Coal do it a couple of times, usually during play like tug. It was round about when we first got him, so he wasn't used to this kind of play. Haven't seen it since, though. He's been with us for about three months now.
  • spacedogsspacedogs
    Anjyil said:

I second Mochi! I saw Coal do it a couple of times, usually during play like tug. It was round about when we first got him, so he wasn't used to this kind of play. Haven't seen it since, though. He's been with us for about three months now.

The strange part for me is that she's 15 months old now, and only just started doing it, and only with this toy. I wonder if it's the texture of it? We don't have any others like it to compare, I'm tempted to buy a second smaller one and see if she does it still. :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)