For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shiba's and GoPro
  • ZenkiZenki
    Has anybody tried and successfully captured decent GoPro footage from a dog perspective? If yes, can you show pictures of your gear? What harness did you use and how the GoPro is mounted?

I tried last night of doing an improvised mount on a Julius K9 harness and the resulting video was awful so I'm looking for ideas and suggestions from people here.

I will share a link to the video later if it ever uploads to flickr.

Thanks!
    Zenki
    Black, Tan and Awesome
    Instagram: @ShibaZenki

“Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.”
    – Ann Landers

• spacedogsspacedogs
    I am very interested in pursuing this with you! I've got a couple of the GoPro mounting attachments, I'll see tomorrow if any of them work well with the k9 harness!

Good thinking!
  • sunyatasunyata
    I have a friend who uses the GoPro Fetch harness with his dog and loves it.

However, it should be noted that he has a Vizsla that is off leash most of the time (the dog has amazing recall). The harness does not have leash attachments, so if your dog needs to be leashed, s/he will need to be comfortable being leashed on a collar versus harness.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • ZenkiZenki
    @sunyata I did see that GoPro Fetch harness and noticed it had no leash loops. since that harness has 2 gopro mounts (chest and back), I wonder if I can fashion a gopro mount with a loop to attach a carabiner or latch. so I can attach the gopro in one and the leash in the other unused mount.

back to the drawing board!!!
    Zenki
    Black, Tan and Awesome

“Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.”
    – Ann Landers

• LilikoiLilikoi
    Keep me updated on what options you find, @Zenki!! I did a bit of searching when Ozzy was younger, but I didn't find anything that exciting and kinda gave up / forgot about it. :/
  • ZenkiZenki
    Ummm... i ordered the gopro fetch harness. And here is the resulting video...
    https://flic.kr/p/RBv1cA

It has two mounts, chest and back. I thought i could mount a gopro rollbar mount on one of them so i can leash onto that rollbar mount but its not compatible... so i need to be more creative about it.

I will try this out soon at the dog park. Hahaha!!!
    Zenki
    Black, Tan and Awesome

– Ann Landers

• LilikoiLilikoi
    That's awesome!!! Man the shiba shake experienced from the back of a shiba is intense. ;) hah I actually love watching his little head and perspective of everything. I thought the back-cam would be annoying. But I wanna see mooooore! :)
  • spacedogsspacedogs
    I was toying with the persons chest mounted harness, and I actually think it might be adaptable to fastening on, just gotta get the dogs sensitized to it over the next few days and see if they'll let me strap it on them.

How do you like the Fetch harness so far? I'm debating getting it but am hesitant because I just don't know how much I'd actually use it. We got the GoPro for my son to use skiing, no one else really uses it much heh.
  • ZenkiZenki
    I've really tried it that one time on the video. Fresh out of the box. ;)) Planning on taking him out to the dog park with the harness this coming weekend if it's dry. but come spring/summer, I will make more videos as we venture out to the hiking trails. I will capture videos and the timelapse setting (This might be less headache inducing than the swaying video. :-& )
    Zenki
    Black, Tan and Awesome

– Ann Landers

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)