For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
  • sunyatasunyata
  • @Sunyata-Thanks for sharing this. I will definitely buy a Black and Tan Shiba patch!!
  • ZenkiZenki
  • I definitely want a B&T one, it would look so good on Hiro's harness chest pad!
  • JuniJuni
    The patches are super cute but I thought advertising wasn't allowed on the forum?
  • sunyatasunyata
  • Awesome!
    But, now I'm wondering about the possibility of the personalized patch!! (Inquiry sent...)
  • ZenkiZenki
  • Great minds!!
    Guess I'll suck it up and order my prefab, generic ones too...
    :)>-
  • hondruhondru
  • CaliaCalia
    Post edited by Calia at 2016-11-09 04:39:15
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    Just gonna throw this out there. I think the "prefab" and "generic" adjectives were meant with sarcasm. Like if you were buying a Ferrari and it didn't come in lime green and replied "guess I'll just take the BASIC MODEL siiiiiiigh" lol. Maybe it wasn't meant with any sarcasm, but people always take things seriously on the internet so thought I'd mention how I took it when I read the comment.

Anyway. I totes want a shiba one hah. Love that they're so affordable and look awesome.
  • sunyatasunyata
  • CaliaCalia
  • Whoa.

As the illustrator who designed all these NK patches, I just want to speak up and say...

well- #1- thank you to Casey for sharing my work here, and I am glad you enjoy your patches :)

But also, that
    - for the effort I put in designing 12 different breeds for patches
    - the accommodation I have made to include less common variations of our breeds requested by owners in several rounds as the project developed. (I am pretty sure I will not sell enough of some of these rarer breeds to cover the costs of having them made.)
    - the friendliness with which I answered the Empress' actual inquiry on Etsy about whether I could produce ones with her dog's name on them (I really just can not- it is hard enough to find a company that does a good job embroidering that will run such small quantities of 50 for me, and let me revise before production) I was thankful and kind and friendly.

"Sender: Chrystal Cleary Date: 6 hours ago 3:49pm EST
    Message: Aw- that would be cool! But it's beyond my capability. With embroidery to be economical I have to keep them identical and have them made in batches of 50. If I got into names, they;d have to be digitized individually.

Thanks for checking my patches out, though! I appreciate it! Extra pats to the pup!

Chrystal"

...that consequently seeing my work called "prefab and generic" in response on a forum just really sucks. :(
    That's a raw nerve, man.

To be clear: My goal was to make something fun and versatile so that those of us with the breeds you can't find good/any gear of, could have something of our breeds for once. The patches are small, and are intended to fit on a variety of things we all already own- our packs and jackets, hats and scarves, etc. It was about making nice stuff for the breed community who never find a Kishu hat, or hike a lot with their Shikoku and think a patch on their pack would be cool. All I wanted was a Kai patch for my own backpack to be a real thing, and to share the opportunity to have such things with my friends in other NK breeds by making more patches as I was capable in the breeds they love too. I am not an embroidery shop- I'm an artist and a fellow NK owner who made something cool and hopes to cover my costs in the end while keeping the price affordable.

Nobody has to buy or share my stuff- that's totally fine! but I'll thank you not to go out of your way to be insulting about it on forums just because I can't put your own dog's name on it. Sometimes the answer is just "I'm sorry, no." and the way we respond to that answer is part of our character.
  • Post edited by EmpressSachi at 2016-11-09 16:19:32
  • hondruhondru
    Post edited by hondru at 2016-11-09 16:39:33
  • sunyatasunyata
  • hondruhondru
  • ZenkiZenki
    Post edited by Zenki at 2016-11-09 19:21:02
  • ZenkiZenki
  • ZenkiZenki
  • Love the patch. I cannot wait until mine arrives in the mail!
  • I love how the red in the patch matches the red collar the little shiba stuffy! :)

Black and Tan shiba patches have sold out now (a group in the UK cleaned me out of the last of them!)- But Antoinette, yours went out on the 9th. Shipping seems to be taking a while to get to DC area and Long Island. :/ Should not be that long from VT. I'm anxious to know when your arrives.
  • @Wryly Brindle-Thanks for the update. I'll let you know when it arrives!
  • sunyatasunyata
  • @sunyata-Thanks for the update. I was wondering what had happened to my patch!! LOL! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week.
  • @jtocchio0531
    I have been hearing disappointment about the selling out of black and tan shiba, so I ordered another run of just the minimum. I should have them in two weeks and will zip them out to everyone who preorders them as soon as I get them! I am expecting them by the 12th, but the embroidery shop has been faster than their estimates, historically. Thanks for asking about them!
  • @Wryly Brindle-I received my black and tan Shiba patch and I love it!
  • ZenkiZenki
  • @Zemki-I used fabric glue to attach mine to a camera bag too!
  • @Wryly Brindle- I just ordered my two black and tan patches and two red ones! Thanks for ordering more I am so excited to get them!
    Post edited by jtocchio0531 at 2016-12-03 20:08:07
  • And I have shipped them right out! :) Thanks so very much! Hope you like them!
  • Thanks for mine WB! (Stocking stuffers!!)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)