For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Inactive Shiba during hot summer days.
  • My Shiba Rasu seems to enjoy sleeping a lot more now that it is so hot outside. I usually walk him early in the morning with a potty break mid day and a late afternoon/night walk. When I try to engage him in play he usually looks at me like I am an idiot and continues to lay there watching me. At night around 9:00pm he becomes actively playful and usually brings all of his toys to us to play and sometimes does the Shiba 500. Around 11:00pm he gets sleepy again and is usually down for the night. I'm curious if this is normal Shiba behavior or if I should be concerned? He is only 1 year and 9 months and is still a puppy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Post edited by ShibaLuv19 at 2016-08-07 22:02:21
  • sunyatasunyata
    @ShibaLuv19 - Please remember to search the forum for similar topics before starting a new thread. Most likely, your question has already been asked and answered on the forum. Here is one of many threads about Shibas in warmer climates:

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/10602/shibas-in-warmer-climates-help/p1
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)