For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Inactive Shiba during hot summer days.
  • My Shiba Rasu seems to enjoy sleeping a lot more now that it is so hot outside. I usually walk him early in the morning with a potty break mid day and a late afternoon/night walk. When I try to engage him in play he usually looks at me like I am an idiot and continues to lay there watching me. At night around 9:00pm he becomes actively playful and usually brings all of his toys to us to play and sometimes does the Shiba 500. Around 11:00pm he gets sleepy again and is usually down for the night. I'm curious if this is normal Shiba behavior or if I should be concerned? He is only 1 year and 9 months and is still a puppy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Post edited by ShibaLuv19 at 2016-08-07 22:02:21
  • sunyatasunyata
    @ShibaLuv19 - Please remember to search the forum for similar topics before starting a new thread. Most likely, your question has already been asked and answered on the forum. Here is one of many threads about Shibas in warmer climates:

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/10602/shibas-in-warmer-climates-help/p1
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions