For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Wetting the bed all of a sudden
  • For the past two nights, my girlfriend and I have been waking up with a wet spot on the bed. We let Hansel sleep with us every night and there haven't been any issues until the past few days. My girlfriend has recently cleaned her apartment and during some nights, hansel will prefer to sleep in the living room on the couch while we sleep in bed. Since my girlfriend has cleaned her place, she blocked off the living room with our dog crate so that hansel wouldn't be able to sleep on it. My guess is that maybe he's upset that we blocked off one of his favorite sleeping spots?

My other guess is that maybe he's drinking a lot of more water since I have been taking him on a lot more walks since its been nice out. We have been going out every night for the past week or so and walking about 1-2 miles each night. It may just be that he has been drinking more water afterwards and has to potty in the middle of the night. Ive tried taking him out, but when we do, he just sits in the grass as if he's telling us that he doesn't have to go to the bathroom.

Is it also possible that he might feel threatened by my girlfriend? He has NEVER done anything in my apartment before, but he has had a few accidents at my girlfriends place.

Hope to hear some insights and suggestions! Hansel and I really appreciate it!
  • niki82niki82
    I don't want to sound stupid but are you sure it's urine? Does it smell like it and has it gone all the way through the sheets and blankets? Otherwise he could be licking the same spot during the night over and over.
    What time is his last toilet walk to when he goes to bed?
    How old is your dog? It does seem odd that if he is normally very clean that he would all of a sudden pee in the bed.. Unless there is a medical issue.
    My girl only ever had 2 accidents. She pretty much toilet trained herself... She would never toilet inside so if she all of a sudden started to I'd be taking her to the vet for a check up straight away.
    Also, even if your pup is upset about sleeping arrangements, he wouldn't show it by peeing in your bed. Good luck. :)
  • Yes, it is urine. His last pee walk is around 11:30 pm, but he drinks a lot of water before his last pee break too. He's about 15 months old too.
  • misterelwoodmisterelwood
    Nookie will wet the bed from excessive licking
  • JuniJuni
    Juni had a couple of incidents when she wet her bed when she was around 4 months old. She woke up and was very distressed by it and wanted to clean it up.
    I just figured she was at some growth stage where she couldn't hold it for some reason.

But otherwise, like @misterelwood wrote she sometimes licks herself and gets the taste of the bedsheets and starts licking them too and create nasty wet spots.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)