For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Calmer when wearing a harness?
  • Hi all,
    I have an odd issue, that I hope someone can give me an idea about. My puppy (14 weeks now) Loki is kind of crazy acting and very mouthy (biting a lot), unless we have a harness on him. He hates getting the harness on, but once it is on, he is so calm and obedient. Any ideas about why this would be? I don't want to make him wear the harness all the time. Our other Shiba (14 years old) was never this way, so I have no experience in what this means or what to do...

Thanks!
    Sharie

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread due to duplicate topic]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2016-06-07 11:21:24
  • LilikoiLilikoi
    My puppy is the same way. He doesn't like putting in his harness either. Especially when he was younger (he's 6 months now). He would kind of just pout when his harness was on indoors, and was super calm. He's very obedient with it on too. Maybe because he wants to comply and be free or something. Once mine's had it on for a bit or comes in from outside, he doesn't seem to mind it being on anymore. But I don't think your pup's behavior is abnormal.
  • gakugaku
    My pup was the same way. He doesn't like harnesses or collars though he loves that he gets his walk whenever he puts one on. He would become calm and ready to go outside. He would get so calm that sometimes nap immediately after putting on the harness! I don't know why they do it, but I don't think it's something to worry about.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @shariehyder - This is a topic that has been discussed before. Also, you need to introduce yourself to the community so that you have access to previous discussions (as noted in your first introduction post). Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you, your pup, etc.

Since this is not an introduction and a duplicate topic, I am going to close this thread. Please provide a proper introduction in your other thread.

Thank you. :)

ETA:
    http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/7023/interesting-behavior-when-wearing-harness-or-clothes/p1
    http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/3230/aston-acts-different-with-harness-on/p1
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
    Post edited by sunyata at 2016-06-07 11:22:11
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)