For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
housetrained shiba suddenly pooped indoor
  • PeppaPeppa
    Hi All,

We have a 2years old rescue boy for over 9 weeks now. He came to us without any training and was not house broken. Needless to say, being a shiba, it didn't take long for him to get on a schedule and became house trained. However, since this wed, he started to do his #2 indoor after he has been for a walk. He goes out first thing in the morning at 6:30, does his business and carry on his walk for about 45 mins to 1hr. when he gets back in, he normally just relaxes and plays with his chew toys before taking his nap. Since wednesday, he would come back to the house and about an hour later when we dash out for errands he would do his #2 on one of the sofa - the one that rarely get used. we know it's an hour roughly cos we do keep an eye on the ip cam. on wednesday, we found it under some blankets. obviously it got cleaned and scrubbed, all blankets were removed. yesterday it was on the same place and later on he would sleep on the same sofa just at the opposite end. today, he did the same thing except when i had a look at the camera he was sniffing/licking and potentially ate some of the poops.

i'm wondering if somebody could shed some lights. this boy can definitely hold cos i've seen him holding it for 16-24hrs before (cos he couldn't find the right spot to do his business). the only time he couldn't hold and had accidents everywhere was at the beginning when he had worms. He got a worming tablet about 7 weeks ago. Should we worm him again?
  • sunyatasunyata
    @Peppa - There are LOADS of threads on regression with regards to house training. Read through those threads and there is a lot of great information.

But first, take him to the vet to rule out health issues. Then start from square one with house training again. Stop letting him have free run of the house when you are not supervising him. And make sure you clean everything with an enzyme buster such as Nature's Miracle.

Since this is a duplicate topic, I am going to go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to continue the discussion in any of the other potty training threads. Thanks! :)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions