For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Two mornings in a row
  • The last two mornings, at 6:30 am, my girl has made gagging noises and has thrown up. It's odd because she hasn't eaten anything since the night before, so it's nothing but water. She's in her kennel, so i know she hasn't gotten into anything. It happened last Monday, and after yesterday's incident, I attributed it to the training and socialization classes we go to on Sundays where she gets a lot of treats (and some new ones). But she seems fine, eats like normal, and like I said, she hasn't eaten anything. Is this a weird way to get me to let her out of her kennel? She doesn't even have diarrhea or even loose stool, so I have no idea what is going on.

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread due to duplicate topic]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-11-30 07:54:09
  • She is probably hungry. Especially for puppies, if their stomach is empty they might throw up.

I always feed Ham a bit of kibble before he goes into his crate for bedtime. And I offer him some kibble when he wakes up.
  • Hmm, that's what my husband suggested, but it seemed counter intuitive to throw up when you're hungry... But I will try that. Thanks!
    Post edited by tbarski at 2015-11-24 13:43:05
  • Some dogs will throw up water and stomach bile when their stomachs are empty for too long. Feed her a few snacks right before bed or feed her bit later in the night.

• @tbarski Yup, she is hungry. My older Shiba does this when he is hungry. a little snack/goodie helps.
  • So far, it seems that was the problem! Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)