For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Can someone help me please find a trainer in Nassau County Long Island area?
  • BragiBragi
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place but can someone help me finder a trainer in the Nassau County , Long Island, NY or Queens area. I've found 3 people so far, one does positive reinforcement, but is sporadic in contacting me, thus not really reliable, the other 2 want to use a shock collar. My Koji has some aggression issues so it has to be someone who can help with that issue. I've tried contact North Shore Animal League for help with training, I've called them 2x a week for the past 4 weeks and they still won't freakin respond. Thank You guys

[mod edit: changed category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-11-04 07:39:47
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    @Bragi - For the love of dog, please do NOT go to a trainer that recommends a shock collar for a Shiba. It can work for other dogs, sure, but not every dog is the same and a Shiba is definitely not like other dogs. Here's a list of positive reinforcement trainers. There seems to be quite a few in the NY area so hopefully you will find someone more reliable.