For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Traveling with Yato- help?
  • In a couple of weeks I will be making a trip to go home for the holidays, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how to go about it with my pup. He doesn't need to fly with a crate because he is a ESA but when we get to our destination I have a few concerns. He still has to sleep in a crate at night or he will make a huge mess everywhere, and also has to be crated whenever he is alone. He also will not fully adapt to house training. He is about 4 mo right now. Anyone have any experience/ ideas about how to handle the situation?
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    @CosmicPup - Not exactly sure what you are asking help with? Are you seeking help with crate training?
  • More asking how to handle the transition to the new place without having a crate.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @CosmicPup - If he needs a crate and is not house trained, you need to travel with a crate or buy one when you get to your destination. It really is that simple.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • I personally have two crates. I leave one at home with my parents (it folds up) and the other I keep at my place. I am able to drive to my parent's so I don't have to worry about putting Ham on a plane. But either get a crate and take him with you, or purchase another crate to leave at home.
  • @CosmicPup - I'll admit that I've done the buy-a-crate-for-2-weeks-then-clean-it-and-return-it move a long time ago.

However, like @Justifiedgaines, my parents' house has 3 crates for when we go visit with all the pups =) They just fold them up and stick 'em in the attic when we're gone.
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Buy a crate on Amazon and ship it to the location that you will be staying at. Easy fix.
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)