For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
re-introducing myself
  • My name is Deanna I am a full time vet tech student at Heritage college. My husband is active duty Air Force. We are looking into bring a shiba back in our lives. Our children are one and two years old and have a passion for animals like their mama. We visited a Shiba breeder here in Arkansas. I was looking to see if anyone has expirence with the same breeder and what their opinions are of my future shiba.
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    Hello @deemarie817

Edit: Whoops sorry I misread that you were bringing one back into your lives, not adding another one. My apologies if you lost your older rescue recently.

You've already posted in the Shiba breeder discussion so you're off to a good start. My recommendation is to visit the breeder multiple times, especially with your very young children. You've already had to rehome your first Shiba due to her not being kid friendly so you'd really have to make sure to introduce him correctly into the household.
    Post edited by Nikkitine at 2015-10-23 00:55:17
  • sunyatasunyata
    @deemarie817 - The forum regulations have not changed. All breeder discussions must take place in the appropriate thread.

I am curious to know what happened to the older Shiba that you took in last year after you rehomed your first Shiba due to being skittish with your (VERY) young children.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • sunyata said:

@deemarie817 - The forum regulations have not changed. All breeder discussions must take place in the appropriate thread.

I am curious to know what happened to the older Shiba that you took in last year after you rehomed your first Shiba due to being skittish with your (VERY) young children.

Hachiko was an amazing boy but ended up passing away 4 months after bringing him home. The breeder that we took him in did not warn us about him extremly afraid of men. He was great with my cousin who was 17 years or young boys he was just really afraid of men. My uncle tried to take him out for a walk and he ended up getting out of his halter and got hit by a car. He was a fantastic dog and i loved him dearly he loved all children i was blessed to have him as long as I did. I have been absent since my loss and i just tried to stay away from anything shiba in general.
  • Nikkitine said:

Hello @deemarie817

Edit: Whoops sorry I misread that you were bringing one back into your lives, not adding another one. My apologies if you lost your older rescue recently.

You've already posted in the Shiba breeder discussion so you're off to a good start. My recommendation is to visit the breeder multiple times, especially with your very young children. You've already had to rehome your first Shiba due to her not being kid friendly so you'd really have to make sure to introduce him correctly into the household.

I agree with you 100% which i have been doing research and trying to find the right breeder. Also we just met Ronin a few days ago with our kids and it went amazing! Now that my boys are in their toddler years its crucial that the shiba we bring into our home likes this age. Since they are loud and like to run around. He actually loved my oldest and wanted to play the minute we brought him in. My oldest is actually more timid when it comes to dogs in general. He likes them and will pet them if they come to him but he would never run up to one. While my youngest is learning boundries and does get too excited. Which Ronin wasn't scared or showed any stress while my son made noise and ran around the room. He was curious and a happy boy and just wanted to play ball the entire time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)