For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
night time crying
  • i have a 3 year old shiba and we just moved to a new house and instead of a crate i keep her in the laundy room. (which is dark inside) but if she hears us move at all at night she is crying and scratching at the door. baught a thunder jacket and doesnt seem to help

she was crate trained and did this a little bit and would always try to escape any ideas to help her thaught about trying a radio next or maybe lamp?

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread due to duplicate topic/no introduction]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-09-23 15:04:50
  • Shibas are a very independent breed but I still think that they like to be close to their humans. My son used to put my furry boy Quakey in another room when he slept and Quakey would cry during the night. As soon as my son let Quakey sleep in the same room where my son was sleeping in his own doggy bed, Quakey stopped crying. I have always let Quakey sleep in my bedroom in his own doggy bed or on the floor. He has never cried at night and he sleeps soundly all through the night.

Is it possible to let your Shiba sleep in the same bedroom as you or in the same general area until she gets used to the new environment. It is difficult for a pet to adjust to a new living environment especially if that means being asked to sleep far from the Pet Parent(s).
  • sunyatasunyata
    @ericscott98 - We require all new members to introduce themselves to the community before being given full access to the forum and asking questions.

So please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us a bit about yourself, your history with your pup, and what initially got you interested in Shibas. Once you do, you will be promoted to member status and will be able to read through the existing threads to find answers to questions like yours.

Since this is not an introduction, I am going to go ahead and close this thread.

Thanks!
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)