For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
My Shiba's Biting Habit
  • Hi Everyone, I have a 2.5 year old Shiba who just recently nipped at a neighbor and drew blood. He also nipped at our neighbor's wife a few months back and drew blood that time as well. He has never nipped at us nor anyone else, he would play bite or nip lightly and yank at your pants but just wanted to see if any of you have experienced anything like this before. We are thinking he might have some sort of issue with the neighbor's dog and doesn't like the scent for whatever reason. Any advice on how to stop this behavior would be great or any insight as to why this is happening would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread (introduction post)]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-08-17 11:45:43
  • Could he be getting more aloof and people intolerant as he ages? Our shiba also will hardly bite us, but when we have guests over, he is much more mouthy with them/bites harder. It may be that he doesn't realize that the soft biting rules that apply to you, also applies to them?
  • sunyatasunyata
    @icelemt38 - We require all new members to introduce themselves to the community before being given full access to the forum (and asking questions). Since this is not an introduction, I am going to go ahead and close this thread.

Please start a new thread and introduce yourself and your pup. Tell us a bit about yourself, why you wanted to add a Shiba to your family, what you like to do together with your pup, etc.

Once you do so, you will be promoted to Member status and will have access to the rest of the forum, where you can look through the "Behaviour/Training" categories including the "Reactivity & Aggression" threads and can post your question in the appropriate thread if you do not find insight in existing threads.

Thanks!
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)