For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Dog Walker Activity Options
  • esteves91esteves91
    Hello fellow shibaers,

Hopefully this has not been already discussed, i looked it up and saw none. We are currently in talks to get a dog walker starting next week for out almost 5 month old Luna. Now we trying to think what is best use of the time with the dog walker. There are 3 options on the table, but feel free to suggest more. We will be hiring the dog walker for 30 mins

1. Short potty break with indoor playtime and command training.
    2. Long walk around the neighborhood
    3. Walk to off leash dog park (1 block away).

I am open to suggestions what in your minds are the best. We are working on housebreaking. We take her to the same dog park in the AM and PM for exercise.

Thanks

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread due to duplicate topic]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-07-30 07:31:48
  • Koji's momKoji's mom
    Dog parks are risky. IMO...Especially if your not there...Do they have a small dog area?
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    While she is still young and sounds like not completely housebroken yet, I would focus on the potty break then playtime with another break before the dog walker leaves. Especially since it is a new person you will be hiring, I would focus on having them get to know Luna before making long trips away from home.
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • JuniJuni
    I agree with @Kira_Kira. A bit of play and potty breaks with progressively longer walks as she gets older.
    Command training should be done by you in my opinion.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @esteves91 - PLEASE search the forum for answers to commonly asked questions (such as "is this too much exercise/stimulation for my puppy?") before starting a new thread.

Reading through existing threads will more often than not provide you with the information you are seeking. If after reading, you still have questions or comments, please post in the most relevant existing thread instead of starting a new post.

Here is the link to the Google search instructions:
    http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/13124/how-to-use-google-to-search-the-forum
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)