For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Purina buys Merrick
  • MayamaMayama
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
  • FrillfaceFrillface
    I just saw this!
    I feed Merrick and really love the brand. I am sad at this decision and will be looking into Fromm and Orijen once this bag runs out.
  • MoxyFruvousMoxyFruvous
    ugh I feed Merrick too. :/ I'll have to watch and see what happens before I decide to change.
  • BootzBootz
    @Rikka. :(
  • sunyatasunyata
  • reibanshireibanshi
    My vet tech friend sent us this list: http://iheartdogs.com/company-researches-2200-dog-food-formulas-and-finds-only-119-to-be-satisfactory/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=postplanner&utm_source=facebook.com

We were using Merrick wet food to supplement our Orijen kibble; so I guess it's just Orijen and Acana now :/ Any other recommendations?
  • SayaSaya
    Post edited by Saya at 2015-07-22 09:31:08
  • imBLASIANimBLASIAN
  • zandramezandrame
    Lots of info to digest in that article, but the final list of recommended brands is -

ACANA
    Addiction
    Annamaet
    AvoDerm
    Back to Basics
    By Nature Natural
    Eagle Pack
    Earthborn Holistic
    Fromm
    Grandma Lucy’s
    Hi-Tek Naturals
    Horizon
    K9 Natural
    Lotus
    Nature’s Logic
    NutriSource
    Dr. Harvey's
    Orijen
    Pinnacle
    Precise Holistic Complete
    Primal
    Stella & Chewy’s
    Stewart Pro-Treat
    The Honest Kitchen
    The Real Meat Company
    VeRUS
    Wysong
    ZiwiPeak

The source is http://www.reviews.com/dog-food/
    which has a searchable list as well.

Edit: updated list from source
    Post edited by zandrame at 2015-07-22 16:54:37
  • RikkaRikka
  • thomas2388thomas2388
    I was actually looking into switching the food we give Kiba and Ahri.
    Kiba is eating grass and im not sure if it's because he isnt eating enough or because of the food not being good for him...and Ahri is passing gas a lot, but that might be cause of the treats and stuff.

I'd like to try ACANA, Orijen or Fromm but $90 for a 29lb bag does seem like a lot of money heh.
  • sunyatasunyata
  • esteves91esteves91
    What are your thoughts our stocking up on Merrick right now. I know most of you are opposed to give money to Purina now it is owns Merrick, but in terms of quality food for the future, what do you think about buy a bunch of Merrick while the formula is the same? or has it already changed?
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)