For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Giving The Puppy a Bath...
  • I just gave my ten week old puppy a bath - he's never recieved one before - and he was screaming the entire time. Is this normal? Have your Shibas made a big deal about getting bathed?

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread due to duplicate topic]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-07-13 08:15:34
  • Plenty of threads on this already, but in short - VERY normal haha. :) Looks like you just have a drama king on your hands. Check out some other bath threads for more info

(google search + "Shiba inu forum" works best)
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    Definitely normal especially if this is his first bath time experience! Tali really hates bath time as well and I have the battle scars to prove it. She's a sneaky one that is really quiet and once you've relaxed a bit, goes bonkers with the screaming and clawing her way out. Try your best to make bath time a positive experience with lots of treats!

• BragiBragi
    My shiba was like that when he was younger but he still is a pain in the ass when it comes to bath time. I noticed that he's more comfortable when I'm in the bath with him (gotta wear underwear or some sort of protection in case). I fill the tub up with a room temperature water, sometimes around 69-70 degrees F. Also I sing to him and sometimes give him peanut butter on a spoon to lick on.

I would avoid using a shower head to spray water on him, my dog hates that. I use a little bucket. Also a deep massage helps them calm down and petting them from their head, down their spine to their tail really helps them calm down. If your boy loves toys you can put some in the bath tub, a rubber duck does wonders.

If its hot where you are and you have a backyard, you can try putting a kiddie pool down and see if he's willing to play. I would get ear plugs too, the shiba scream is toooo intense.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)