For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Wrist straps for leashes
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    In the next few weeks I am going to sew a bunch of wrist straps. Fen had one on his leash - it connects from the leash and then wraps around your wrist. We always used it with him and it prevented him from pulling the leash out of our hands if he bolted. It was on Fens' leash the day of his accident - had the neighbors used it he would still be alive. (That is in no way blaming them - it was just a terrible accident).

Anyway, if you would like one for your Shiba just let me know and I will make you one free of charge, and mail it to you. I don't want anyone to ever go through what we are going through, and I know they work because they worked for us dozens of times before. Consider it a gift from our Fen. =)

[mod edit: changed category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-06-29 07:53:38
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    I think that is a wonderful idea and a great way to commemorate Fen! I'd be interested in one, I will PM you on Facebook since we already have a chat started! Thank you. :)
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    Tali would LOVE one! Will send you a PM =)
  • FrillfaceFrillface
    @renitiadb

That is such a fantastic idea! How very nice of you to do in memory of Fen. :)
    Denso would love one of these!
  • imBLASIANimBLASIAN
    So sorry to hear about Fen. I'm bringing Ponyo home in a few weeks and the more I read about taking care of her, the more I get anxious to do things right. I'm so worried something will happen to her. This is really sweet for you to do.
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    Ok they are almost ready! I am tweaking the design a bit. You can check out the pictures on my Facebook page.

[mod edit: removed link due to violation of forum regulations]

Also, feel free to send me a message either on here or on Facebook letting me know your address so I can send you one. =)
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-07-23 08:06:40
  • sunyatasunyata
    @renitiadb - I originally let this thread stay because you advised you would be making these free of charge to forum members (which is awesome and a great way to honour Fen). However, we do not allow advertising on the forum, and the FB page is an advertisement.

If you are still offering these for free, feel free to post the photos here without them linking to your FB page.

Thanks!
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    Oh I'm sorry! I am offering them free - I just linked my Fb page to show the photos. It's just such a pain to upload to photo bucket LOL But I will get some photos and post them here instead.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @renitiadb - No worries, we just have to be as consistent as possible with enforcing regulations. :)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • Atlus2015Atlus2015
    @renitiadb - I would love to get one from you, let me know (or us) know what we can do to help, not only with commemorating Fen, but also to help a bit with the cost associated.
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    I understand completely sunyata! I didn't even think about it being advertising =) (I was just trying to get away with being lazy and not uploading pictures LOL) Can I post anything about the rescue I am donating to?

Atlus2015 - just PM me with your address and I will send you one. =)

• renitiadbrenitiadb
    Hopefully this works!

The pictures of the black and white one were the first attempt. It wasn't quite secure enough so I made the straps a little longer and added another ince of Velcro to both sides. We tested the new model (the lovely purple one belongs to Miss Kira!) by my husband yanking on it to see if it would give. Nope. It's perfect! And adjustable!

I will post pictures of the some of the patterns I have available, but if there is something in particular you would like, please just let me know. I am a seamstress so I have hundreds of different types of fabric, from cheeseburgers, to paw prints, to umbrellas, to superheros! =) Just let me know some ideas of what you would like and I will see what I can come up with! =)

photo DSCN5464_zpsuduybkyt.jpg

photo DSCN5465_zpss548auix.jpg

photo DSCN5480_zpstlvxyhyc.jpg

photo DSCN5481_zpsd1aqpmr7.jpg

• FrillfaceFrillface
    These are awesome!
    I'm not too picky, but some type of car fabric would be good for Denso, considering he is named after an auto part manufacturer! ;)

I can't wait to see more of these!
  • Atlus2015Atlus2015
    @Renitiadb These are looking really nice! I'm touched by the dedication and work you are putting in to not only commemorate Fen, but also to help others so they can avoid the situation your Fen got into.

BTW, do you have anything in orange? :D
    Post edited by Atlus2015 at 2015-07-24 09:45:51
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    hmmmm . . . cars . . . I have trains and planes and bicycles . . . let me see what I have in the "car" department!

Orange? Yes =)

I will put together some photos of some of my fabric and post them =)

I am so glad you all like these! =) It really makes me feel good to be able to do this! =)
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    @renitiadb - These are fantastic! Can't wait! Tali would love something in red/black =)
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    omg I have THE CUTEST red / black fabric! =D =D
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    Ok I warned you all! I have SO MUCH FABRIC!

Here are some of my favorites;

Nikkitine: here are a couple of black and reds (I LOVE the dog print!)

Atlus2015: Orange suns? =)

DianaBoston: grey and white patterns plus there are a couple of music themed grey / black ones in later photos.

photo DSCN5496_zpslflgvedx.jpg

photo DSCN5495_zpsuc0rcits.jpg

photo DSCN5494_zpsbs0wajeq.jpg

photo DSCN5493_zpsy2omtgfm.jpg

photo DSCN5490_zpsexxrxr6t.jpg

photo DSCN5492_zpsggvtshdt.jpg

photo DSCN5491_zpszza9sfss.jpg

photo DSCN5489_zpsbxmmrv7q.jpg

photo DSCN5484_zpscyfflbb1.jpg

photo DSCN5487_zpsscqho8kb.jpg

photo DSCN5488_zpsybb0qvtf.jpg

photo DSCN5486_zpscc5n2r3w.jpg

This fabric I will ONLY let forum members have. This is the fabric I bought to make Fen's new bed. I made him a lovely blanket that we buried him in with some of it, but I have a lot left. I can't bear to sell it or do anything else with it, except let other Shibas have it =)

photo DSCN5485_zpsfihtxpw3.jpg

Just let me know which one you want! =) (and PM me your address)
  • FrillfaceFrillface
    @renitibab

Oh my! I LOVE that last fabric!
    I know what I want Denso's bed made out of ;)
    -dances-

So many pretty fabrics! :)
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    Isn't it adorable? They look like little Shibas! =D

I haven't run across any "car" fabrics yet. Do you want Denso's wist strap out of that last fabric?
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    These are all so gorgeous! Had no idea there was a Star Wars one! We have to get that one since my bf and I love SW!
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    Gotcha =) Star Wars it is!

Oh yeah um you can get ANY fabric imaginable. Seriously. You'd be shocked.

Go check out Spoonflower some time - it will blow your mind! LOL
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    Omgosh! Thousand Skies is one of my favorite artists! Love this!
  • FrillfaceFrillface
    I'll go ahead and snag that last fabric for Denso, yes! ;)

Ahhh excited!
  • AntoinetteAntoinette
    @renitiadb-Thank you so very much for doing this in honor of your precious Fen. It is such a loving, generous, and beautiful gesture on your part!

Quake's leash has a wrist strap but having a detachable wrist band would allow me to get a longer leash that I can use for playing fetch with him outdoors while still having him on a leash.

I love all of the fabrics but I would really like the last fabric that you had for Fen's bed. I will PM you with my address and my full name so you can friend me on FB if you would like. :) Thanks again!
  • Atlus2015Atlus2015
    @Renitiadb did you receive my PM? please let me know, and if not i'll try again.
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    Atlus2015 - nope no PM =(
  • Atlus2015Atlus2015
    @Renitiadb I just checked, and I only have member status so I won't be able to send a PM, I've recently donated to get a premium membership but that might take a while, I've left a comment on your page, we can use that for now while I get everything sorted!

Thanks again for doing all this for the forum members!
  • AntoinetteAntoinette
    @renitiadb -I am in the same boat as @Atlus2015 in that I just donated to get Premium Membership and do not have the ability to PM at the moment.
  • @renitiadb i sent a message to your fb page. Thanks!

• Atlus2015Atlus2015
    Nikkitine said:

Omgosh! Thousand Skies is one of my favorite artists! Love this!

I concur!! It's uber cute!!

• renitiadbrenitiadb
    Ok for anyone who can't send PMs on here my email address is eatmoreplantz@yahoo.com
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    BanjotheBetaDog - send me an email - I didn't get the fb message =(
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    oops - never mind I got it! =)
  • AntoinetteAntoinette
    @renitiadb-Thanks so much for sending your email address. I paid for a Premium Membership but goofed and did not put my name in the notes section on Paypal. I'll have to deal with that later! :(
  • AntoinetteAntoinette
    @renitiadb-I just sent you and email!! :)
  • Hi,

I sent you an email earlier today. let me know if you get it. Thanks! -Jennifer S.
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    I got it Jennifer. :). I have those fabrics so no problem! :)
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    Hi all!

Just wanted to give a quick update: had a hand injury last week. I had to laugh because the Ortho said "Gee, we don't usually see these types of injuries except in game keepers . . . what do you do?" LOL I guess sewing is a dangerous profession! They think I may need surgery, but as of this weekend I have been doing pretty well, so I am back to sewing and will get those leash straps out very very soon!!! =)
  • FrillfaceFrillface
    Ouchie! Denso and I send you our thoughts! Feel better! :)
  • AntoinetteAntoinette
    @renitiadb-I hope your hand heals quickly. Please do not exert too much to get the leash straps done. Take care of your hand first. It is a wonderful gesture on your part to be making the leash straps in memory of your darling Fen.
  • @renitiadb I agree with @Antoinette please take care of yourself, I understand you are making this out of goodwill and a great gesture, but I would slow it down and heal up, maybe even stop so that you can heal up fully.

Thank you again for what you are doing, but your health first above all else! <3
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    Ok wrist straps are almost done! Hooray!

I know a few of you made donations to NW Shibas4Life Rescue in Fen's honor. Can you please let me know so I can add your name to my raffle for a custom dog bed??

THANKS! =)
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Yay!!!! I sent you my address already, right? Thank you so much for doing this in memory of Fen.
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • tysaaantysaaan
    @renitiadb

I sent you an email regarding the wrist straps. Thank you so much for doing all of this!
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    Glad you're better @renitiadb !! We chatted about my donation and address, but please let me know if you need anymore info from me! Thanks so much for all of this!
  • Hi there @renitiadb. Yep, made a donation to NW Shibas4Life Rescue. What a great organization... Thanks for all you do!!

Diana
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    Nikkitine - yes I have you on my list. =) DianaBoston - I've got you too! Kira-Kira, you're in there too. =)

I don't want to miss anyone!
  • renitiadbrenitiadb
    tysaan - I got your email too =)
  • AntoinetteAntoinette
    @renitiadb-Thanks so much for making the wrist straps in honor of Fen. I made a donation to NW Shibas4Life Rescue. I think I already gave you my address when we friended on Facebook. If not, please let me know. Thanks again!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (4)