For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Kishu Ken
  • crispcrisp
  • sunyatasunyata
  • koyukikoyuki
  • crispcrisp
  • niki82niki82
    I just love your kishu ken! :x those pics of gorgeous Cuchulainn and Toutaro.... Arrg! I think I'm going to die from their cuteness!!
    I'm nkostevc on the nihon ken forum and always enjoy your updates on your dogs. :) it's so funny, I've always leaned toward the Shikoku as another nihon ken I'd love to have as a companion one day, but after researching the kishu ken and seeing your dogs.....I feel conflicted...LOL!! :P please keep your pics and stories coming.
    Post edited by niki82 at 2016-08-18 16:10:36
  • crispcrisp
  • niki82niki82
    Thanks so much @crisp! I live in Australia and we only have 2 of the 6 nihon ken here (Akita and shiba) I have mixed feelings about that and I'm sure you could guess what they are, LOL!
    I absolutely live all the nihon ken and many of the dogs that aren't a part of the 6 but have many similarities. I adore dingos and worked with them at a rescue along with other dogs and cats. We have 2 dingo rescues in Australia dedicated to preserving the dingo but none up where I live do the dingos often get put down, but luckily there are a couple if non kill rescues that will tale them in. My hope is, to have a talk with native species people and one day open up a dingo rescue on the far north coast of NSW...its still a dream right now though, LOL! Anyway, as you can see, I love all wild and primitive dogs...they're special. :)
    What I plan to do is to take a trip in a couple of years for the purpose of meeting other nihon ken, I've a lot of work ahead of me but I have a brother who lives in Japan with his wife and kids. His wife is japanese so they chose to live there instead of Australia. I'm hoping they will be able to help me plan my trip! :) Anyway, love your dogs, keep those beautiful pics coming!! :D
  • Beautiful doggies :) Are they extremely different from Shibas in terms of personality? I know someone who has shibas and a Hokkaido, and the Hokkaido is far less catlike.
  • crispcrisp
  • MoshMosh

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)