For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Does anyone here live in the Yorktown, NY area?
  • FoxysMumFoxysMum
    My vet told my yesterday that one of his patients has 6 Shibas and a Basenji(sp). Sounds like someone that would belong to this forum. Anyone here use Yorktown Animal Hospital? He also said that Foxy is the sweetest Shiba he's ever met :-)

[mod edit: changed category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-03-25 07:35:09
  • sunyatasunyata
    @FoxysMum - This is probably not the best place to put this. I am going to go ahead and change this to the "Show/Events/Meetups" category (which is where attempts at meeting up with other forum members should go anyway). This will broaden your net as well.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • Jshaw1993Jshaw1993
    I live in Mahopac. I only have Blitz and he's about a year and a half now.
  • FoxysMumFoxysMum
    Thanks Sunyata..sorry about that.
    @Jshaw, you're my neighbor. Does Blitz like other Shiba's? Would you like to get them together on a Sat/Sun?
  • FoxysMumFoxysMum
    Oh Jshaw..have you ever been to Spout Brook Dog Park? I drove by a couple time and it always looks deserted. I've googled to see if there is anything else around here; but, that's the only one that ever comes up.
  • Jshaw1993Jshaw1993
    Blitz loves all dogs. I normally go to the yorktown paw park with him. I normally work the weekends but I get off early Saturdays and I am going to be having Sundays off for a weeks
  • Jshaw1993Jshaw1993
    If you're interested you can go onto meetup.com and look up the NYC Shiba Inus and their Human Companions (NE Shibaholics) for meet ups as well. Normally their walks along trails and there are various locations. I help organize some of the outings as well as a few others. We don't have too much going on right now because of the weather
  • FoxysMumFoxysMum
    I wasn't even aware of the Yorktown paw park. Saturdays are great for us. If you're up to it this Saturday, my daughter and I will leave Coco home and bring Foxy out for her own outing. I'll check out meetup as well. Sending you a PM.
  • While we live in NYC, I'm from Somers and take Lotus up there sometimes.
  • Jshaw1993Jshaw1993
    Woohoo! I'm originally from Somers as well. Small world
  • FoxysMumFoxysMum
    Hopefully Jshaw will arrange an outing and we'll get to meet Lotus. Thanks to her I learned that the most awesome dog park, complete with trails and a creek is right around the corner from my house :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)