For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Lost in North Austin/Travis County - Resolved
  • FiretalonFiretalon
    While taking my foster Krug to get his nails cut this afternoon, he slipped his harness and took off. We were at the Petsmart grooming center off of I-35 north. Luckly while he headed in the direction of the highway, he stopped in the scrub next to it and followed it instead. Only problem was they hadn't mowed it in a few months so he was quickly out of sight. I have posted on Facebook, "Finding Rover", called 311 to give a heads up to the shelters in the area. Going to post some flyers tomorrow and visit the local vets as well. He is micro-chipped, was wearing his collar with rabies tags. I can be reached at melton.freddie@gmail.com or contact Shiba Inu Rescue of Texas. Thanks

photo DSC02502_zpsplwz1fqv.jpg

photo DSC02503_zpsg8jbq0j4.jpg
    Post edited by sunyata at 2016-01-26 13:39:43
  • sunyatasunyata
    @Firetalon - Does his collar also have identification tags on it? You may also want to contact Animal Control, the local police, and state police (since it is near the interstate).
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • SayaSaya
    Poor pup hope he gets found soon.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • FiretalonFiretalon
    It has his state rabies tag and home again tag on it, 311 coordinates with the local shelters to let them know he may be hitting their doors.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @Firetalon - That is important information, as most people who find a lost dog will not attempt to locate an owner unless the dog has an actual ID tag (Dog's name, your phone number, etc.). If your pup gets found, that is one of the first things that I would get. The second is a Tagg GPS locator.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • vmleopardvmleopard
    Hi Freddie, sorry about Krug. Hope you find him soon!
    Post edited by vmleopard at 2015-03-21 11:44:27
  • FiretalonFiretalon
    thanks
  • vmleopardvmleopard
    Hey Freddie. I think they found your guy. Talk to Johnpaul Martinez on facebook.
  • FiretalonFiretalon
    That one is up near Dallas, and not microchipped, but i hope they find his owner
  • So I have some excellent news to report, after almost a year of searching, Krug was located hanging out in a housing development close to the area he escaped from. Due to a awesome set of coincidences, I got notified of the sighting from a friend, and she was able to coordinate his capture with a trapper. He is back at my house, a little upset at the lack of freedom and harness (LOL) but back on track to getting a forever home.
  • Congratulations!
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Glad he is back home. I too, had a lesson today in not giving up hope.
    犬竜
  • Thanks, @sunyata can you update title according with a found tag or marker
  • JuniJuni
    Oh my god! He's been living rough for a year! You have to tell us more details, what was his reaction seeing you? How is he behaving now? How much weight did he lose? Any other medical conditions?
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)