For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Missing Dog - Looks like a Shiba
  • Hi all!

A friend of mine just posted a link on Facebook that a dog was found near Sandy, UT. Dog is not chipped and no one has claimed her so far. She looks Shiba-ish to me! Possible mix, but people with Shibas tend to be very particular, so I thought I would post in case someone on here is in the area and knows of someone who is missing their dog.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152715171313596&set=o.186932574752264&type=1&theater

[mod edit: changed category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-03-05 11:09:12
  • Aww! What a pretty pup! Hope the owners are found soon! Pains me to see uncollared/unchipped pups when they cost so little yet help so much.
  • tysaaantysaaan
    I would try searching on Craigslist or even posting on there. adhuntr.com works really well as you can see all areas as well. Good luck! Hope someone claims him.
  • koyukikoyuki
    I've shared this on a couple of Shiba rescue pages on fb ,I'm in South Australia so I don't really have many pages to share on but who knows
    Koyuki - red female
    Takeo- cream male
    Kenji- black and tan male
    Suma- sesame female
    Haruki-brindle Japanese Akita Inu
  • Looks like a purebred black and tan to me.

How wide is the radius of the search in terms of vet offices and shelters that have been contacted? Some shibas travel very far. As an owner of a shiba girl with serious wanderlust (also speed and stamina), I'll say that a wide search range is preferable.

If someone lost her, I hope they find her again soon. It if the original situation is less savory, I hope that she finds a new, vigilant, caring home.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)