For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Alaskan Shibas
  • Hello all!

Mango and I are moving up to the Anchorage area this summer and we wanted to know if there are any other shibas in the general area?

[mod edit: changed category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2015-02-06 07:27:28
  • Hello! I'm in the Anchorage area and I will have a Shiba puppy July 31st! I also have some good friends who have a wonderful Shiba.

Message me your info!
  • RikkaRikka
    Reading the title immediately made me think, "oh gosh, are they talking about Alaskan Klee Kai x Shibas? I hope there aren't more..."

Then was pleasantly surprised when I opened the thread. :)

I hope you'll be able to find some friends in your area!
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • (PS - my email is robinlillianechols@gmail.com. I checked and saw I don't have an inbox because I'm not a premium member, yet...)
  • sandrat888sandrat888
    Check out local kennel club and get involved http://www.cookinletkennelclub.com/

Also a couple hours away, there is another club in Kenai and 2 couples from the club have Shibas. http://www.pendog.org/

The Shibas that the 2 couples from Kenai area have do all kinds of sports - agility, obedience, rally, nosework and barn hunt and are conformation show dogs.

I will be judging Barn Hunt in Palmer, which is a bit north of Anchorage in September. Come on out and play if you are free that weekend!
  • @sandrat888 - What day in September? I'm in Eagle River.
  • sandrat888sandrat888
    9/18-20 (Friday to Sunday) for the barn hunt trials. Where are you currently?
  • Eagle River/Anchorage area. Is the barn hunt at the fairgrounds?
  • sandrat888sandrat888
    Barn Hunt in September will be held at Sirius Ranch in Palmer, AK, where they usually hold agility trials.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)