For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Extended flight with Shiba (in cabin)
  • I'm moving back home to Arizona from North Carolina. No other way around it at this point, I'm going to be flying and it's an 8 hour flight. Prince (my shiba) will be riding with me in the cabin, and is allowed to be in my lap. I plan on getting a window seat for him to look out of and maybe turn this flight into the best "car ride" ever for him. I'll have plenty of treats to help distract him in case the takeoff or landings are a bit much for him, but I'm not really worried about that part of flying.

I am looking for any tips that may help since we will be stuck on the flight for such a long time. There won't be any potty breaks. I'm also worried about him getting restless and trying to explore the airplane. I'll have him on a leash of course, but the concern is keeping him calm, and not trying to get into everything he possibly can.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @Xilamne - We ask that members read through existing threads to get answers to questions before posting, and if there is an existing thread, posting there instead of starting a new thread. This helps keep the forum neater, information in one place, and helps others find information when they have a similar issue/situation.

Since there are loads of threads about flying with dogs already on the forum, I am going to go ahead and close this thread. Read through those threads, which will probably answer your question. But if not, or if you want to continue the discussion, feel free to do so in one of the existing threads.

Thanks! :)

(Hint: There are four flying threads on the front page of the "Travel" category, and more if you continue to go further back.)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)