For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Throne/Shower watcher
  • ironmbironmb
    I find it very funny my dog HAS to be near me when I'm using the restroom or taking a shower. Once I'm done she looks at me and then walks out the bathroom.
  • NikkitineNikkitine
    Try having three dogs in the bathroom with you haha. Two of my dogs know my bathroom schedule and literally wait by the door to follow me in. My maltese actually waits for me to get out of the shower and licks water off my legs :/
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Kira waits outside of the bathroom for me, she's so polite. My two cats however, are waiting in the bathroom after I shower. One is either on the sink or the toilet when I open the shower curtain.
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • Nym whines outside the door if she feels like i've spent too much time in there. She also loves helping me 'dry off' after a shower, licking the water from my legs.
  • DabishDabish
    Marvel does this too. He'll nuzzle the door open and sit there until I feel like I'm being watched, and I'll poke my head out and realize he's just staring at me. Then he goes up on my bed and steals my spot, haha
  • Sushi will actually come in to the shower with me. Discovered this a couple weeks ago when the curtain moved and something licked my toes - I didn't have my glasses on (I'm near blind without them) so I screamed bloody murder. Turns out Sushi just wanted to play, haha.
  • RikkaRikka
    Sagan won't bother me when I'm showering but he'll be waiting on the bed. The bathroom, however... if the door is even slightly open, he'll nudge his way through just to stare at me. o.o
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
    Post edited by Rikka at 2015-01-19 14:15:14
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    I always feel like somebody's watching me... X_X

Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • Hahah, I love that... just half a face peeking through :P So cheeky!
  • That picture of Kira is too adorable. Quake is not allowed in the bathroom and he know this so if I happen to leave the door a little bit ajar he will crain his neck to where he's still standing in the hallway but his face is inside the bathroom and and he'll just stare at me. I'll say "my Quakey you know you're not supposed to be in the bathroom" and he'll then just leave!! I think it's funny!
  • jarvizjarviz
    This is my first dog that's done this. I thought it was a little strange. Does it have anything to do with separation anxiety or are shibas just quirky like that?
  • RikkaRikka
    I'd be inclined to say quirky, but then again, Sagan's never had separation anxiety. It depends on the dog for sure.
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • Quake is just really nosy--he wants to know what's going on around him all the time!! :)
  • Whenever I come out of the bathroom, no matter what time of day or night, I have a Shiba, a Lab and a cat sitting in the hallway outside the door waiting for mama lol. They don't do that to anyone else in the house, just me. :)
  • I agree with Antoinette. I think Nym is just horribly, horribly nosy and curious. She needs to KNOW where we are and what we're doing.
  • I basically let Kiba out of his bed area when I wake up and rush back upstairs to take my morning shower and then Kiba decides to wait for me by the top of the stairs by the bathroom. Then he will jump on my bed or just lick the water off my legs O_O.

My old cat would actually get inside the bathroom if i let the door open and would go inbetween the shower curtains and sometimes poke his head in to try and drink some water. Sometimes he would get on top of this cabinet I had and he would stare at me from there O_O.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)