For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Slightly bent hind leg???
  • Ever since Mei was little her back right leg is slightly bent inwards when she stands still. I figured that maybe after her Patella Luxation surgery it should be fixed but right now she still have it and I don't know if it should be a problem. She also walks weirdly.

I'll try to get a photo of her standing leg but this video was taken today (around 9 weeks after her leg surgery).

Ps. Sorry if it was mentioned already, I wasn't able to find a similar thread.

Edit - embed didnt work so here is the link http://youtu.be/BbAehh0QaMs
    Post edited by meixdidi at 2014-12-28 19:47:55
  • sunyatasunyata
    Have you talked to your orthopedic vet about it? That is where I would start. It could be the way her leg formed or it could be an old injury.

Granted, from the video I could not see anything out of the ordinary, other than her back end is quite stiff (most likely from the surgery).

But seriously, if you are worried, talk to your vet.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    She looks a little bow legged is all, and it seems she is probably a dog that would converge when moving at a trot. It does not look ominous in any way, it's something that a lot of Shibas do.
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)