For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Lymes shot for Shiba puppy?
  • My Shiba just turned 11 weeks. My vet recommends the Lymes vaccine. I've been reading some negative things about it... not just from owners- but from other blogs or forums on dogs. It is not always real effective. Some articles I read say that prevention and checking your dog for ticks may be more healthy way to go. Opinions? I live in Pa.- deer ticks are here. But my dog stays in my enclosed yard in a suburb.

[mod edit: changed category and closed thread due to duplicate topic]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2014-09-30 15:52:45
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    I initially inoculated my boy but after reading up on the vaccine I decided against it. When I went back to the vet for his biannual checkup he asked me if I wanted to give him the booster. I explained my reservations and that seemed to satisfy my him.
    犬竜
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    I wouldn't. Unless your puppy is out in the woods encountering a lot of wild animals, it will do more harm than good IMO.
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
  • sunyatasunyata
    @Deeinbucks - We require all new members to post an introduction before gaining full access to the forum. This allows us to get to know you and for you to learn a little about the rules and etiquette of the forum.

Since this is not an introduction and is a question that is answered elsewhere on the forum (there is an entire thread on vaccinations), I am going to close this thread. Please post a proper introduction and your account will be upgraded to member status and you will then be able to read through and post in the other threads.

Thanks!
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)