For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Everything is his
  • We are having some training issues. Our 9 mo, old male thinks everything is his. When he gets something of ours and we try to get it from him, he will growl and try to bite us. Does anyone else have or have had this problem? We do try to redirect him.
  • BootzBootz
    He's resource guarding. Please use our search function and read up on the many threads we currently have. This issue has been address numerous times before.
  • SayaSaya
    This book covers resource guarding and working with it. Bella used to resource guard high valued food, but she is better now and drops or leave it when told.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/0970562942

I've only had to deal with food so can't help much. I know with food trading helped some. The book might have better info.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • He's indeed resource guarding... Do you have a dog trainer or dog behaviorist?! If not it might be time to consider a one..
  • sunyatasunyata
    Since this is a duplicate topic and there is a TON of information existing on the forum regarding resource guarding, I am going to close this thread. Please read through the "Resource Guarding" category for some good advice. If after reading you still have questions/comments or want to continue the discussion, please post in the most relevant thread that is already existing on the forum.

Thanks!
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)