For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Puppy Mill?
  • Hello! So, I was trying to find a shiba puppy and came across this website. (Link is at bottom) I've been warned of puppy mills but, still want to be on the safe side and ask all of you members out there. He doesn't look like he's hurt, so is it safe? You can take a look at him and his brother. I'm not choosing the female because we wanted a male. I saw some comments on these types of things and said pet stores are usually puppy mills, And where these dogs are at is a pet store so I'm very concerned. what should I do???? Please help!!!! :((

Link: [store advertising link removed in accordance with forum rules ~mod.]
    Post edited by curlytails at 2014-08-23 00:43:29
  • koyukikoyuki
    RUN AWAY. DO NOT EVER BUY A DOG/PUPPY from a pet store. Just dont do it- there is no grey area, its completely black and white.
    Koyuki - red female
    Takeo- cream male
    Kenji- black and tan male
    Suma- sesame female
    Haruki-brindle Japanese Akita Inu
  • Okay, got it, I was feeling weird when I saw it, Thank you! :)
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    Hoping this thread will be closed sooner than later!

So many members here have done excellent work to promote mill awareness. Great threads already exist, and I really hate seeing such transgression.

Please don't buy from pet stores, and really do your research when buying online. I know finding a breeder online is the easy/quick way to ownership, but it's also another path to mill dogs.

Unless you are actually on a specific breeders website, I would shy away. Typically, reputable breeders don't advertise. Their dogs are in demand and advertise via a waiting list.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • sunyatasunyata
    @LuckyShiba100 - As has been discussed before, topics such as this should be discussed in the appropriate threads.

Others have already advised, but no reputable breeder will sell to a pet store.

Feel free to continue this discussion in the appropriate thread if you desire.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)