For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Do some much older shibas still do the "Shiba 500"?
  • AddieThibAddieThib
    Maybe not as often, but occasional? Just curious :)

[mod edit: changed category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2014-07-31 14:40:39
  • RikkaRikka
    What would you constitute as "older"? More than a year? 5 years? 10 years?

Sagan is a little older than 2 and he'll occasionally have bursts of energy (Shiba 500).
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Kimba is 11, and he will do mini Shiba 500's - our living room floor is laminate- so he limits his energy bursts to running up and down the strip of carpet I put down for him along one side of the living room- he will run and twirl for a couple of minutes and do the play bow and play growl.
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Bowdu is 9+ years old now, and he still does them. He's currently got some issues with his back legs which I'm in the process of working out, so his 500s are definitely not as frequent nor as intense. Still gets the urge, and will take the space to go for it... Makes me happy to see him run, but he does need to be careful.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • AddieThibAddieThib
    Rikka said:

What would you constitute as "older"? More than a year? 5 years? 10 years?

Sagan is a little older than 2 and he'll occasionally have bursts of energy (Shiba 500).

Past 10 years :) But I'd love to hear about all age shibas anyway x)
  • BootzBootz
    Bootz is a little over 3 years...she does them! But mainly outside where there is grass and plenty of room!
  • sunyatasunyata
    Here is an excellent thread about aging Shibas and their activities/health issues:

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/11732/shiba-elders-health-issues-and-more/p1

Remember to search the forum for existing threads before starting a new one. :)
    (And for all age Shibas, there are multiple threads on the Shiba 500.)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)