For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
How long for AKC Papers to arrive?
  • Grigor92Grigor92
    Hi all,
    My cousin is about to go pick his Doberman puppy(new best bud for Riley :) ) this Sunday but is hesitant because the breeder hasn't received the AKC papers yet for the litter. We both read about how some breeders rip off their customers by saying its coming its coming and it never does. I was fortunate enough to have it on hand when I got my pup. I believe he sent the paperwork on Monday. Any idea on how long it might take?
  • sunyatasunyata
    If your cousin is hesitant about the breeder, then I would suggest walking away. AKC papers aside, if s/he does not trust the breeder to be honest about everything regarding this litter, then your cousin does not need to be purchasing a puppy from them.

Feel free to allow your cousin to read through some of the breeder discussions on what a reputable breeder is and why purchasing a puppy from a reputable breeder is SO important.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    It can takes several weeks depending on if the breeder mailed the litter registration in. Doing it online is much faster.
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
  • zandramezandrame
    When I submitted Kouda's registration online, it took about a month.

When he got a title at an event, it was closer to 2, and I forgot about it till it arrived.
  • Grigor92Grigor92
    Thanks for the help everyone. The breeders themselves seemed like very nice people but I just wanted to get an idea of how long it might take.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)