For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shibas in Austin
  • scrufficusscrufficus
    Hey everyone! I know there's tons of Shiba groups all over Texas but there doesn't seem to be one for the Austin area other than the Hill Country Shiba Club based in San Marcos that @Firetalon has mentioned to me. I think it would be nice to start something just for the Austin area as I already know there are roughly 6+ shiba owners to my knowledge here in the city. Living in such a dog friendly city where our furry friends are allowed in almost every store and restaurant patio, not to mention out on the kayaks on the lake, I think it would be nice to have group that can meet up so our dogs can socialize with each other and attend all of the fun dog-friendly events our city has to offer. Yappy Hour at Whole Foods anyone?
    Post edited by scrufficus at 2014-06-28 16:12:34
  • FiretalonFiretalon
    I have been thinking of starting a MeetUp or Facebook group for the area, but am pretty introverted, so a good moderator or organizer I would not be.
  • ksykxksykx
    I second this! :) I'd love to meet more shibas in Austin. My lil bud needs more friends, haha.
  • FiretalonFiretalon
    Finally broke down and started a Facebook group, all are welcome

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1643913019167555/
  • Yeah! Thanks for starting that @Firetalon! We've been to a few of the Hill Country MeetUps (in fact, I think we've seen you there!?), and there's another shiba at ZoomRoom that we run in to sometimes.

We'd love to do the Whole Foods Yappy Hour sometime @scrufficus! Let us know when you're planning on going, we're super close to both the north locations, and we head downtown pretty often for weekend walks at Town Lake :)
    Instagram
  • RaijinRaijin
    Thought I would bump this thread and see if there are other Austin area Shiba owners interested in connecting.
    Raijin Shiba
  • We are still here, lots of new people in the FB group, will try to do another meet-up in March, or sooner if someone else wants to suggest a place.
  • RaijinRaijin
    Awesome! My wife just joined the FB group. We won't be getting our puppy until the first week of March, so he will have a ways to go with his vaccines.
    Raijin Shiba

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)