For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
What specifically are you training that you consider good puppy manners?
  • DabishDabish
    I thought it would be a good idea to list what people with puppies (or who have had them) work on specifically that they think promote good puppy manners.

With Marvel I'm working on making him sit and wait until I give him the ok to enter a room. Hopefully this will prevent door bolting and my roomate will be able to leave her door open when she wants to without worrying about him sneaking in.

Also working on him sitting in a certain spot in the kitchen when there's a knock on the door. When I had Chuji there was a delivery man who was terrified of dogs so I felt bad when she ran up to sniff him. I'm hoping to be able to accommodate some people I never really thought of before
  • knnwangknnwang
    I recommend doggy Zen. Here is a good link. I cannot seem to find the original one I fallowed but it is very similar.

http://furryfourpaws.blogspot.com/2013/01/doggy-zen-by-virginia-wind.html

Besides that, lots of play, just keep taking class, redirect/break-up inappropriate behavior, and socialize, socialize, socialize. Good-luck! And enjoy the puppy, and adolescent stage. :D