For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Puppy pooping in house
  • Hello all. We just got a new Shiba puppy around mid December. She potty trained really well and hardly had any inside accidents. We have had a really bad winter so there has been a lot of snow. Just now, the snow has finally almost all melted. My problem, however, is that I believe the puppy was so used to going in the snow that now that it is gone, she won't go on the ground! We take her outside on a leash and she sniffs and doesn't go (10-15 mins of nothing) then when she comes inside, she immediately goes in the house! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • SayaSaya
    since she won't go outside make potty walk bit longer reward and praise for pottying outside.

be sure to clean up mess good with something like nature miracle.

go back to start treat her like she is not potty trained.

take her out to potty if she doesn't go then put her in crate then try again a bit later.
    or keep her on leash with you and try again.

is potty breaks in backyard or on a walk?

If potty break is in yard maybe try out of yard on a walk some shiba prefer to potty away from home.

Saya likes to do #2 on grass by the woods during winter and during other seasons she goes in grass by the burn pile area.

I hope it gets better soon.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • SayaSaya
    Odd triple post sorry. internet got odd for a sec on me.
    Photobucket
    Post edited by Saya at 2014-03-16 12:23:54
  • SayaSaya
    Odd triple post sorry. internet got odd for a sec on me.
    Photobucket
    Post edited by Saya at 2014-03-16 12:23:43
  • sunyatasunyata
    @Ichirothedog - There are TONS of existing threads on the forum regarding potty training. Please read through those to get some ideas on how to retrain your pup. If you after reading through the existing threads, you still have questions or want to comment, feel free to pick the most relevant thread and post there. That helps keep the forum neater and helps other members find information if they have a similar issue in the future.

Thanks!
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions