For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
How and When do you train your new puppy?
  • Hi everyone,

I've got Akuma 4 days ago, 9- weeks old, he's settling very well, knows where to go potty and will follow me around whenever I go.
    He slept through the night for the first time last night :D

Next step I guess is to start obedience training. Now he will come to me whenever I squatted down and called out his name, which I found it's pretty amazing. I've enrolled him into puppy school, starts next week. And actually I have been trying to teach him sit in the past few days but just can't get his attention. Is he too young to pay attention? I read somewhere in the forum saying 9 weeks olds are still baby therefore lack of attention span. In that case is there any tips?

• sunyatasunyata
    @sakurasaki - Remember to search the forum for existing threads before posting a new one. This exact question has been addressed on the forum multiple times. Here is a thread to get you started:
    http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/8217/puppy-training-sessions

If after reading through the existing threads, you still have questions or want to comment, feel free to pick the most relevant thread and post there.

Thanks!
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions