For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Bark Box - monthly subscription
  • Wondering if anyone subscribes or has subscribed in the past to Bark Box and thoughts/reviews of items and shiba appropriateness.

• Kira_KiraKira_Kira
  • BootzBootz
    There is another company that was popular before bark box... Forgot the name :( but I remember I tried it because of @curlytails
  • RikkaRikka
  • BootzBootz
    @curlytails

Thanks!! Been trying to figure out the name and it was bothering the hell out of me.
    Interesting, I didn't see bark box ads during the time you recommended pawalla, but lately bark box advertisements have been EVERYWHERE
  • Rikka, do they make you send back old toys like netflix dvd's? or do you keep them every month?

and what size do you use for your shiba? My guy is right around 20-22 lbs. Would you go for the "middle" size?

Post edited by BanjoTheBetaDog at 2014-02-13 21:26:13
  • jennjenn
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
  • glitchglitch
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
  • Thanks for the posts eveeyone!
    Our February box (medium) arrived yesterday. We too had the Cigar toy (which played with but is not destroyed yet :D )
    The Cheese Please crisps are opened (dog and human friendly according to the package).
    We received a meatball mix that requires a pound of lean ground meat. We will prepare those at a later time.
    A barkworthies bully stick was the item most highly prized by my boy.... We had decided a few months ago not to give him bully sticks any more because of the way he behaves (which is a whole different thread). He enjoyed the stick for a few minutes and then began to guard the item :(
    Also another bag of treats, that are lamb I believe, arrived. We didn't open them because we have plenty of biscuit style treats open at this time. Excited for the next box (hopeful there are no more bully sticks).
  • BarrowBarrow
    We have received Bark Boxes for the past 3-4 months and really like them! Deshka has toy ADD and receiving a new toy and various treats every month has been a really great thing for us! Especially since the closest pet store is 450 air miles to the south of us in Fairbanks!
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Post edited by Kira_Kira at 2014-03-21 23:10:52
  • @Kira_Kira Thanks for the heads up! I had been wanting to give it a shot!
  • BootzBootz
    damn :( I saw this post at 11:55 pm

I don't like making last minute decisions so I decided to pass.

Hope they get a similar deal next time! 32% not the same!
  • poltergeistpoltergeist
    Post edited by poltergeist at 2014-03-22 13:33:12
  • bikingleiabikingleia
    I posted it in the shiba deals thread, but I just found this thread in a search and thought I would add it here as well. I got the 6 month subscription (for medium size dogs) since I've been wanting to try it out.

From Groupon:
    Choose Between Two Options
    •$42.50 for a three-month subscription to BarkBox ($72 value)
    •$79.99 for a six-month subscription to BarkBox ($114 value)
    •Free shipping
    •10% of BarkBox proceeds go to help dog shelters and rescue initiatives

BarkBox
    On the 15th of every month, BarkBox ships a bounty of high-end dog products to your dog's doorstep, where a bond of trust and mutual respect is finally forged between pup and postman. Tailored to the size of your dog, every box comes stocked with four to six items that can encompass anything from healthy treats to innovative toys and helpful hygiene products. Each box includes items of up to $50 in value. Plus, a portion of all proceeds goes to help dog shelters and rescue initiatives.
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    This is amazing! We're about to refill his barkbox, so hopefully I can still snag this deal!
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    New customers only.....maybe Fuyu's imaginary older brother will be getting a barkbox instead.....
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    Ohhhhhhh good thought!
  • bikingleiabikingleia
  • Thats awesome!! I didn't get the stuffed squeaky thing and I'm mad about it!!

The riley's peanut butter and molasses are human grade and taste pretty decent FWIW. That little ball is banjo's new favorite toy. I got most of these last month except for the squeaky toy which drives me bonkers!!
  • Jshaw1993Jshaw1993
    Blitz absolutely loved the Mr. Barksmith's smoothie when he got that last month, he was looking for more when he finished it. Both the treats you got are fantastic and the ball I like to stick some peanut butter in to make him go extra crazy. It's so funny to watch
  • explain this peanut butter and ball thing please? The core of the ball is hollow. You simply load it up with peanut butter? Does it make a mess?
  • zandramezandrame
    @BanjoTheBetaDog, yep! Just put some peanut butter inside a hollow toy/ball. Not too much, use common sense, PB is a pretty rich treat. Get all natural if you can. It shouldn't really make a mess - the dog will make sure to get all of it! You can also freeze it if you want it to take longer.

BTW, those smoothie cups sound ridiculous! I've got ice cubes trays and can make that myself!
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    We didn't get a squeaker either! I would have killed for that!
  • jennjenn
  • zandramezandrame
    @jenn, is that the Bionic stick? Is it durable enough for gnawing?
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    What size box do you guys get? We got the rubber ball,smoothie cup, truffle Mac and cheese treats and the cup of duck treats!
  • jennjenn
  • BootzBootz
    damn...i'm tempted now. I think the surprise part is luring me in...
  • @Bootz, do your girls eat ANY treats? or are they picky?

I think it is totally worth it. If you go on amazon,the value of the box is greater than its cost. Even when I get something "just eh", its still pretty good.

• BootzBootz
    @BanjoTheBetaDog

Haha. The girls eat any treats. They have plenty already. I'm more tempted to try out new toys for them. (They have a whole drawer full of toys they don't touch now...)

Their birthday is coming up too! But we have a list of things "to do/buy" for the kids already. Example: 2 x full blood panels, travel crate for car, annual check up, Honest Kitchen...the list goes on if i can get everything i want!

I'm all for spending on them :( But my husband limits my spending!

• bikingleiabikingleia
    Those treats smell great! The beef ones smell just like you opened up a bag of beef jerky! The peanut butter ones are a big hit too. I didn't notice that they were human grade... I don't think I'll be trying them though lol.

The squeaker toy can be found at www.hear-doggy.com.

The treat ball worked great for filling the little grooves with dried lamb lung. I just broke it into pieces and shoved it down into the grooves and in the center so that she had to work to get it out.
  • CroakedjCroakedj
    Max loved his first box. I personally thought he wouldn't want some of the toys, but I guess I'm not a good judge of what he'll like! I was spending way more money on toys and treats for him, so if he continues to show the same excitement month after month it'll be worth it. I don't think 20 bucks a month is a bad deal as long as he's enjoying it. My two cents.
  • We've been getting about 2 toys a month that are usually priced around $10 or so; if nothing else it's worth the toys we are getting. We usually save one and some of Rei's favorite toys are from them, currently this month's watermelon. Actually this month's box has been her favorite so far-she inhaled the deer chew, loves the "candied" sweet potato and is ok with the chicken biscuits. This is from a dog who is NOT food motivated in the slightest.

I can see why for some dogs it isn't worth it. I tried the year package on a discount so here's hoping it's still good and she still likes it.
  • I heard that all the boxes are themed for the month-- like Septembers is back to shcool and Octobers will be Halloween. So since im a sucker for themes we're going to try it and see how it goes. Ill post pics as soon as we get it. I did the 1 month and with this link (https://barkbox.com/r/9DH5R4CRM3) I got a free box so it broke down to being $15 a box which isnt too bad at all I dont think.
    Post edited by Tweenersmommy at 2015-09-01 16:20:32
  • @Tweenersmommy -thanks for the link and coupon. I subscribed for six months!
  • We are super excited for our first box to arrive! Tweener is super food motivated and loves toys so I think this is going to be really fun for him. I hope your Shiba loves it too @Antoinette
  • BootzBootz
    BOGO?!!?! I think I'll do that for my dogs when I get home... Lol
  • Boo I didn't realize that it was only good for new subscribers :( Its a really good deal though, so I think using another email address would be worth it lol
  • Their customer service is amazing. Just go on the website, hit chat, be nice and I'm sure they'll honor it with a renewal.
  • Post edited by Tweenersmommy at 2015-09-11 10:17:26
  • Post edited by Jerricadotcom at 2015-09-14 13:36:04
  • @Tweenersmommy -Quakey's Bark Box arrived too and he loved it. Like Tweener, he loved the squeaky ball! He didn't pay too much attention to the pretzel. He loved both the treats. We have not tried the butcher's block trachea chew yet.
  • @Antoinette, yay I'm glad he liked it!
  • So we gave Tweener the trachea chew last night and he devoured it in 5 minutes flat :)) I have decided that since he loves the barkbox so much Im going to continue my subscription to a year and I even brought one for my mother in laws Akita Yuki as a birthday gift for her (interesting idea for that person who never uses anything and you never know what to get lol) --hopefully he loves it as much as Tweener does. I used another email address for the new subscription Tweener has his own friend referral code "SHIBALOVE", so I used that for another bogo barkbox, which I thihk is an amazing deal considering how some of the money goes to shelter dogs in need :x
    Post edited by Tweenersmommy at 2015-09-29 09:45:47

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)